How to Leave Your Career for Your Passions
Bednar-Clark started out writing code, then transitioned into change management, then global growth strategy for giant companies like Facebook – and is now is the CEO and founder DB+co – a leadership and personal style coaching firm dedicated to helping leaders bring their whole self forward to achieve success with fulfillment. Talk about transitions! She realized that in order to climb up the ladder, she’d left pieces of herself behind. She had success, without fulfillment. So she decided to launch her popular Facebook blog/page DB Style as a hobby for her feminine, creative side, and began the slow transition to where she is today. If you want to make a change from corporate to coaching, you will love this one!
For more information on Debra Bednar-Clark, visit ThinkDBCo.com. Enjoy this insightful conversation and let us know what you think!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How Debra transitioned from coding software to marketing (1:58)
- What happened when Debra suppressed her girliness in the workplace (5:52)
- Advice for reaching the executive level of top companies (8:10)
- How to actually land the interview after you decide what you want and which companies you want to work for (10:28)
- Tips on work-life balance, especially for women (15:33)
- Some of the biggest unexpected hurdles that Debra had to go through going from rockstar employee to solo entrepreneur (24:43)
- What big mistakes women growing their career should watch for (27:40)
MORE WITH DEBRA
Go much deeper into these concepts, get the new monthly Pursuit Magazine! The upcoming issue (March 2017) will go behind the scenes of this interview, including links to people and sites Debra mentioned, additional resources, the full transcript, and more! Magazine issues are free, but each edition is only offered for a limited time, so sign up today! Become an Insider
If you enjoyed this, be sure and let Debra know on twitter!
LISTEN ON THE GO
Download Pursuit episodes on iTunes to listen to the audio while you drive, run, do chores, knit, you get the idea. Subscribe in itunes to have every episode automatically added to your phone! (This episode coming soon)
Transcript will be available in our upcoming issue of Pursuit Magazine! To get transcripts when episodes are published, subscribe here.