This was so cool! I got to interview Fabolous in the RocNation building in New York, to talk about his amazing career and his new ventures. He is a Grammy-nominated hip hop star from the Brooklyn projects, now worth more than $20 million. He’s been given the key to the city of Brooklyn, he’s launched a potato chip line and fashion line, and has also amassed an impressive social media following of over 4 million raving fans. We chatted about his many endeavors and the key to his sustained success.
For more information on Fab, you can visit MyFabolousLife.com.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The entrepreneurial spirit people don’t realize artists have (2:11)
- What it was like for Fab’s first album to drop on Sept. 11, 2001
- Fabolous’ social media strategy (10:20)
- Advice for overcoming a failure as an artist (17:48)
- Tips for continually coming up with fresh ideas after being in the industry for years (22:23)
- What it’s like to break into the fashion industry as a rapper (26:28)
- How to branch out into several different industries and get noticed (31:07)
If you enjoyed this, be sure and let Fab know on twitter!