This was so cool! I got to interview Fabolous in the RocNation building in New York, to talk about his amazing career and his new ventures. He is a Grammy-nominated hip hop star from the Brooklyn projects, now worth more than $20 million. He’s been given the key to the city of Brooklyn, he’s launched a potato chip line and fashion line, and has also amassed an impressive social media following of over 4 million raving fans. We chatted about his many endeavors and the key to his sustained success.
For more information on Fab, you can visit MyFabolousLife.com.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The entrepreneurial spirit people don’t realize artists have (2:11)
- What it was like for Fab’s first album to drop on Sept. 11, 2001
- Fabolous’ social media strategy (10:20)
- Advice for overcoming a failure as an artist (17:48)
- Tips for continually coming up with fresh ideas after being in the industry for years (22:23)
- What it’s like to break into the fashion industry as a rapper (26:28)
- How to branch out into several different industries and get noticed (31:07)
MORE WITH FAB
Go much deeper into these concepts, get our monthly Pursuit Magazine! The upcoming issue (April 2017) will go behind the scenes of this interview, including links to people and sites Fab mentioned, additional resources, the full transcript, and more! Magazine issues are free, but each edition is only offered for a limited time (because I want you guys to actually download and read it!) so sign up today: Become an Insider
If you enjoyed this, be sure and let Fab know on twitter!
LISTEN ON THE GO
Download Pursuit episodes on iTunes to listen to the audio while you drive, run, do chores, knit, you get the idea. Subscribe in itunes to have every episode automatically added to your phone! (This episode coming soon)
Transcript will be available for a limited time in our upcoming issue of Pursuit Magazine! To get transcripts when episodes are published, subscribe here.