This was so cool! I got to interview Fabolous in the RocNation building in New York, to talk about his amazing career and his new ventures. He is a Grammy-nominated hip hop star from the Brooklyn projects, now worth more than $20 million. He’s been given the key to the city of Brooklyn, he’s launched a potato chip line and fashion line, and has also amassed an impressive social media following of over 4 million raving fans. We chatted about his many endeavors and the key to his sustained success.
If you enjoyed this, be sure and let Fab know on twitter!
For more information on Fab, you can visit MyFabolousLife.com.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The entrepreneurial spirit people don’t realize artists have (2:11)
- What it was like for Fab’s first album to drop on Sept. 11, 2001
- Fabolous’ social media strategy (10:20)
- Advice for overcoming a failure as an artist (17:48)
- Tips for continually coming up with fresh ideas after being in the industry for years (22:23)
- What it’s like to break into the fashion industry as a rapper (26:28)
- How to branch out into several different industries and get noticed (31:07)
LISTEN ON THE GO
YOU WANTED TO KNOW…
Why did you choose to have Fabolous as a guest?
There are actually a few reasons, beyond his success. I want to interview more entertainers and they are HARD to get, so this opens that door. This also exposes the show to some new viewers who love him and have probably never heard of me or may not even watch this type of show/ podcast. Lastly, his publicist also represents DJ Khaled who I am dying to interview!
How’d you get the interview?
His publicist also represents Russell Westbrook, an NBA player here in my hometown of OKC, so I’d reached out to her in the past.
What was he like?
Warm, kind, laid back, very chill, and very cool. He just embodies cool and radiates cool!
Where was the interview?
The ROCNATION offices in NYC, in the office of music industry legend Lenny S. That gold couch is famous, just look up gold couch on google images or instagram! Famous hip hop and pop artists traveling through New York will come to the office just to take a photo there.
Did you hear anything from him after the episode was published?
He actually posted about me on Instagram and Twitter and I instantly got a bunch of new followers! Thanks Fab!
Mentioned in the Episode:
- Interscope Records
- Desert Storm Records
- Blood’s Thicker
- Summertime Shootout
- Roy Lichetenstein
- Rap Snacks
- Fabolous and Chris Brown: The Party Tour