How to Build a Successful Brick and Mortar Club or Membership Business
If you are thinking of opening your own brick and mortar business, and you want to make sure it’s a hot destination OR if you want to start a membership business, you have GOT to watch this episode with Jennie Enterprise, founder of NYC’s CORE:club. She started her first entrepreneurial venture as a teen, creating a successful coffee shop and entertainment venue concept in college and now, at CORE she offers her 1000+ members lodging, dining, culture programs, movie screenings, and home base from which to work, train with a personal trainer, get a spa treatment, and more – for an cool annual fee of $17,000 plus a $50,000 initiation fee. (Maybe if you were on the fence about your club, those numbers will encourage you!!)
For more information, visit TheCoreClub.com. Enjoy this insightful conversation and let us know what you think!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How Jennie was able to get funding right after 9/11 (9:31)
- Tips for building a team and attracting the right people (20:10)
- Why entrepreneurs need to relentlessly pursue relevance (24:06)
- Jennie’s number one piece of advice for serving and retaining members (27:35)
- Advice for creating a successful destination type of business (32:30)
If you enjoyed this, be sure and let Jennie know on twitter!