How to Grow an E-Commerce Business into an Empire
Melanie Duncan and her husband have been experiencing success since college when they launched Custom Greek Apparel, an online store offering sorority and fraternity members made-to-order embroidered apparel. Next, they launched sister company Luxury Monograms, extending their custom monogramming to home decor items. Soon their products were being featured in magazines and on Good Morning America, the Nate Berkus show, and more. As her businesses took off, she decided to jump into the online education space, offering classes and support for entrepreneurs that make and sell physical products. Now over 160,000 students have gone through her training programs, she’s consulted on digital strategy for major corporations, and spoken on stages all over the world.
I caught up with her recently in New York City to ask her what she believes led her to such massive success, and what other makers and online entrepreneurs can do to follow in her footsteps.
For more information on Melanie, visit MelanieDuncan.com.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How to navigate high and low seasons of business (11:27)
- Advice for working with your spouse (22:25)
- Why Melanie doesn’t have mom guilt (26:31)
- Tips for connecting with other like-minded entrepreneurs (35:37)
- What to spend your money on if you only have a few hundred dollars to invest in your business (44:36)