Seth Godin | Author, Entrepreneur
I was excited when we arrived in Hastings on Hudson and approached the most modern facade on the street. The revamped apartment building now houses offices, one of which belongs to Seth Godin. I, along with millions of others, have read his work, which includes 18 international bestsellers and his iconic blog, This is Seth’s Blog. He was as cool and friendly as you would hope him to be, offering us our pick of his growing dark chocolate collection. Many writers and entrepreneurs will appreciate that he was wearing “webinar attire” – a shirt and tie with shorts and converse.
But as we sat to prepare for the interview Godin explained he doesn’t like to talk about himself because it “doesn’t do much good.” Lucky me… Watch as I rewrite questions on the fly (you can kinda tell) and chat with the master about his success, his advice, and his deep, deep love for cereal. For more information about Seth, visit SethGodin.com.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Tips for beginner marketers and entrepreneurs (3:55)
- How to turn rejections into acceptances (10:22)
- How to block out distractions (14:22)
- Whether Seth realized how much of an impact he would have (18:34)
- Seth’s number one piece of advice for beginner entrepreneurs (23:16)